Wildwood's Recreation/ Recreation Respite Program offers activities for individuals of all ages. The goals of the program include not only enjoyment of leisure time, and respite but also socialization and integration within the community. The recreation/ recreation respite staff creatively seek activities that broaden the participants’ experience and further their goals in areas like social and life skills. It is a social program assisting people in small group situations with their leisure pursuits within the community. Independent access of the community is the goal, but staff can assist individuals so that they may participate in this service. People can select from the recreation offerings and choose the ones they want to enjoy.
The program is open to all OPWDD eligible individuals. We serve people from age 5 – 85 in a variety of settings. Some of the more formal services include Saturday Recreation and GAP for school aged people. The GAP program meets daytime during school vacations and is a service for families without other options for these school breaks.
Adult Respite and Adult Recreation serve individuals over the age of 18 living in their family home. If the individual lives in an OPWDD sanctioned residential setting they would most likely be in our recreation program. The two adult programs look and feel identical.
Family Support Services include those areas that are designed to help support an individual in living at home with family as long as they desire. While the supports certainly benefit the person, they are also designed to support the family or caregiver. This includes areas such as:
- Information and referral on supports and services that may be available
- Workshops designed to provide education and information
- Support groups that may be designed for either individuals receiving supports or their families
- Counseling supports
- Case management and benefit supports for those not enrolled in Medicaid Service Coordination
- In-home behavior supports
- Reimbursement for respite and goods and services
- HCBS Waiver Respite services